New Domain Name (additional) RRS feed

• Question

• Our company recently changed it's name and now we have a new domain name.  We don't necessarily log into that .com domain, but use it to receive email and such... as well as it is tied into OCS.  While email (Exchange) is routing fine, OCS comes up with an Outlook integration problem.  OCS is using the old domain to login with, and is working, with the exception of the Outlook integration issue.

I've added the new domain to DNS, as well as the sip and sipinternals CNAME and_sipinternals under _tcp.  I also added the new domain to the Alternate UPN Suffixes within Domains and Trusts... but the new domain is still now showing up when choosing a SIP Domain.

How do I add the new domain to be available under the SIP address domains?

Thanks all,
    Dave

Monday, February 2, 2009 2:25 PM

All replies

• In the OCS Admin console right click on the Forest and select Global Properties.  Click the Add button and enter the domain name.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Monday, February 2, 2009 2:57 PM
  • Great!  It's showing up!

Now I get "... problem verifying the certificate from the server."

Will search for that error... and THANKS for the Global Properties!
    Monday, February 2, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Still can't resolve the "problem verifying the certificate" issue.

This is an internal domain, so an externally generated Certificate is not needed, at least I would like so.  Most of the issue regarding this error indicate creating the SRV record (sipinternaltls and such), which has been done, but still getting that damn error.

Any suggestions?

Dave
    Monday, February 2, 2009 4:21 PM
  • If user's are logging into OCS using username@newdomain.com and the Automatic Configuration DNS records are using that domain, then you're getting that certificate error when logging in because the new domain name is not included in the server-side certificates.  Ideally you'll need to update the certificate to include the new SIP domain in the Subject Alternative Name field. 

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, February 2, 2009 6:18 PM
  • Our issue ended up being that the new domain wasn't included in our Certs... my server guy insisted it was... but it wasn't.  Is now, and everything is working fine.

Thank you,
    Dave
    Monday, February 2, 2009 6:48 PM