Exporting Relationships involving other non-selected custom entities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of deploying my CRM 3.0 customizations into another server. But I'm a rather confused about which entities I should export together in each XML customization file.

When I "Export selected Customizations", I get the message:

"This will export the selected entities, mappings and relationships between the selected entities, as well as mappings and relationships between the selected entities and system entities. Mappings and relationships involving other non-selected custom entities will not be exported."

I understand this to mean that if I want to migrate a Custom entity, I need not export any related System entities together with it.

Q1. Do I need to export related Customizable entities together with the Custom entity, in order to preserve the relationships?

Q2. Does it make any difference whether the relationship type is Parental, Referential or System? (The CRM MOC 8525 Chapt 2 says: "If you select an individual entity for Import/Export, any dependent child objects must be included in the Import/Export operation to preserve the relationship.")

Q3. When I have uploaded the XML into the target server, does it matter whether I perform the Import action entity by entity, or as a group of related entities?

Q4. The reason why I ask Q3 is because I face difficulty importing too many entities at one go. Is there some CRM setting that prevents me from importing too many entities at a time?

Thanks very much for the advice.

Friday, August 22, 2008 3:23 AM

All replies

• Anyone? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:51 AM