Home serever Trial to full version files unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• I got the trial version of WHS a while back and set up all of my home PC's to backup to it and put all shared files on it.  As the trial was about to expire, I looked for a place that I could purchase a license for it and put the code in, but was unsuccessful.  Then I ordered the full version from a website.  While waiting for my full copy, my trial expired.  When the full copy came I was about to install it, but it looked like it was going to format the hard drive so I stopped.  I had a new hard drive so I installed it on that instead.  Then I attached the original hard drive as a secondary drive to move the files I needed over.  I can see the files when I log in to the server itself, but anytime I try to copy or move the files it says that they are unavailable.  Anybody know how I can move those files over, or just upgrade my trial version to the full version?  Thanks for your help.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 1:50 AM

Answers

• Perfect.  Thanks for your response.  The hidden /de/ folder had all the files I was looking for.
    • Marked as answer by MCopps Monday, June 29, 2009 7:28 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:28 AM

All replies

• It's not possible to upgrade the trial version to the full version by just re-entering a license.

As for your files, each drive in the storage pool has a hidden folder: <drive>:\DE\Shares\etc. which contains some of your files. What you see under <drive>:\Shares\etc. is just the file "tombstones".
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, June 29, 2009 2:33 AM
  • Perfect.  Thanks for your response.  The hidden /de/ folder had all the files I was looking for.
    • Marked as answer by MCopps Monday, June 29, 2009 7:28 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:28 AM