CRM 2011: the value of field on parent entity not updated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have 2 custom entity, ex: headerEntity & DetailEntity.

in headerEntity I have one field "total" = (currency) which updated by records from detailEntity.

I use plugin, and trigger when update value in detailEntity it would update to field "total" in headerEntity.

what I am asking is after updated the value in field "total" not update in form, I need close the form/page and open again, even if I just refresh the form/page there is still show old value.

please advise.

thanks.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi pntr,

If you're using plugins, there is no way to refresh the parent entity form i.e. headerEntity in your case when a field value is updated. You'd either need to close/open the page or Ctrl+F5 (clear cache refresh) the page. If you just refresh the page, the value is probably not updated because it might be cached, although that shouldn't be the case.

The plugin that you have registered, is that a synchronous plugin? Might be the case that it takes some time to update the value before which you're refreshing the page which explains the old value being displayed.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Hello,

You could also write js code to compare value in db and in ms crm form on specified time interval, if it is different refresh form, something like this.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Marked as answer by pntr Friday, July 4, 2014 7:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:29 AM