"Home computer backups" is not an option to backup RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new Windows Home Server setup within the past week. I added a second drive and configured it to be used to backup files that are stored on the server. As I understand it, when I right click on that drive and select backup now, I'm supposed to be presented with all the shares, etc. that are on the server and can then back it up to this new drive. Included in that list is supposed to be an entry named "Home computer backups" - that option is missing. All my other shares and pre-canned folders are there (and successfully backup by the way), but I see no option to backup the computer backups.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 2:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need the WHS BDBB Add-in to do this.
    • Proposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Friday, October 30, 2009 3:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by madistar Friday, October 30, 2009 3:55 PM
    Friday, October 30, 2009 2:44 PM
    Included in that list is supposed to be an entry named "Home computer backups"
    No, there is no facility built in to Windows Home Server for backing up the backup database. By design it's replaceable; you can recreate it by simply backing all your home computers up again.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, October 30, 2009 3:54 PM
  • I was looking at some old screenshots of PP1 from the WHS blog that apparently didn't make the final cut. That's why I thought it was supposed to be there. Thanks for the QUICK answers!
    Friday, October 30, 2009 3:56 PM