I bought used laptop, after validation is reported as not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Please, what I have to do, I bought used laptop in Egypt, I haven't any idea, that software is not genuine, I found it now after validation. What I have to do? I thought, that I have laptop with genuine software, I paid a lot of money for laptop, I don't want to pay for software again. It's not my fault. What I have to do? I don't know owner of laptop, I baught laptop in PC shop.
    Thank you for your advice.

Silvie
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 12:35 PM

Answers

• Good Morning Silvie,

Thank you for visiting us today :-). It is unfortunate what you have experienced with the laptop purchase. The best recommendation I may recommend is to contact the manufacturer's technical support and ask them to mail you the original recovery media for the laptop model you purchased. This will allow you to restore the computer to factory condition and become genuine.

Take care and thank you.

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, June 15, 2009 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:37 PM