Validating Office 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 that I thought was a valid copy, but apprarantly it is not. How can I make it valid? I want to keep office 2003 so I can keep using Frontpage 2003. Please help...
    Friday, April 10, 2009 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hello Tim,

Thank you for posting with us in the OGA Forums :-). First please read the announcements @ the top of this forum. We need for you to run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with your results. This will allow us to analyze what you are experiencing so we may begin to formulate a resolution for you. You mentioned, "I thought was a valid copy"? Are you receiving any messaging indicating your Office is non-genuine? Curious where did you purchase Office 2003? The first step would be for you to visit the store and/or contact whoever sold you the non-genuine Office 2003. Next explain what has happened. Request your monies to be reimbursed or provide you with a Genuine version of Microsoft 2003. Next I encourage you to file a piracy report with Microsoft by visiting http://www.microsoft/piracy . Here you will learn how filing a report not only helps you but will help countless others by thwarting pirates who take advantage of customers such as yourself. Another alternative is when you failed the Office Validation process you should have been presented with an option to "Get Genuine" and purchase Office 2003 at a significant discount...roughly half of the original cost. 

Please provide us with the MGA Diagnostic results so we may see if in fact  you have a genuine or non-genuine copy.

Thank you Tim and have a great weekend,

Stephen :-)
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:34 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2009 11:41 PM

All replies

• Read announcements at top of forum
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, April 10, 2009 4:45 PM
  • Hello Tim,

Thank you for posting with us in the OGA Forums :-). First please read the announcements @ the top of this forum. We need for you to run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with your results. This will allow us to analyze what you are experiencing so we may begin to formulate a resolution for you. You mentioned, "I thought was a valid copy"? Are you receiving any messaging indicating your Office is non-genuine? Curious where did you purchase Office 2003? The first step would be for you to visit the store and/or contact whoever sold you the non-genuine Office 2003. Next explain what has happened. Request your monies to be reimbursed or provide you with a Genuine version of Microsoft 2003. Next I encourage you to file a piracy report with Microsoft by visiting http://www.microsoft/piracy . Here you will learn how filing a report not only helps you but will help countless others by thwarting pirates who take advantage of customers such as yourself. Another alternative is when you failed the Office Validation process you should have been presented with an option to "Get Genuine" and purchase Office 2003 at a significant discount...roughly half of the original cost. 

Please provide us with the MGA Diagnostic results so we may see if in fact  you have a genuine or non-genuine copy.

Thank you Tim and have a great weekend,

Stephen :-)
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:34 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2009 11:41 PM