WHS light bar RRS feed

• Question

•  

I removed one hard drive from two drive system. The light bar stayed Purple on for the drive that was removed. Can it be set to off?
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:48 PM

Answers

• I assume you're talking about an HP EX475? I believe the light bar will be purple any time you have a drive installed in the server, but not added to the storage pool. So if you removed the drive from the pool, but left it in place, it's working as designed.

If you've physically removed the drive, then you should check with HP.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:07 PM
  • I had this same problem today when I removed two hard drives (to wait until the corrupt. bug is over). However, I resolved the problem when I realized the hard drives are hot swapable. Therefore, when they are removed from the system, do not shut down to remove the drives just remove them and the light should go out.

What I did was put the drives back in upon after it was shut down and then started it up ensured the drives registered and then removed them and everything was fine. (Lights on the light bar went out).

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:15 AM

All replies

• I assume you're talking about an HP EX475? I believe the light bar will be purple any time you have a drive installed in the server, but not added to the storage pool. So if you removed the drive from the pool, but left it in place, it's working as designed.

If you've physically removed the drive, then you should check with HP.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:07 PM
  • I had this same problem today when I removed two hard drives (to wait until the corrupt. bug is over). However, I resolved the problem when I realized the hard drives are hot swapable. Therefore, when they are removed from the system, do not shut down to remove the drives just remove them and the light should go out.

What I did was put the drives back in upon after it was shut down and then started it up ensured the drives registered and then removed them and everything was fine. (Lights on the light bar went out).

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:15 AM