I have validated successfully for all office components exceopt Excel. What is going on? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

this is very confusing. I have installed Office 2003 (XP) on my desktop. I have removed this copy from my laptop, so only one copy being used at this time. Installed on the desktop, and all other components of Office (Word, Powerpoint, and Access) work. When I log in to/start up Excel, I get a message saying that the Office installer is searching, then receive a prompt for the product key. I enter the product key,and it fails. When I click on help or try to validate, I am told that the validation fails. I bought this suite through the University of Colorado as a student and have never had problems before. Could someone please give this a whirl, because I don't know why Office would employ some sort of "line tiem veoto" and allow me to use part of the program while not using another aprt (in thas case Excel).Any assistance would be much appreciated - thanks!

Frank

Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

In order to have a better idea of what is going on with your system, would you be able to run our diagnostic tool?

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE the results.

The data provided will allow me to see which error is being returned and help steer you in the correct direction in terms of getting it resolved.

Thanks,

Michelle

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 11:16 PM