none
I've created a small tutorial showing how to deploy teams with telephony (phone numbers) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I've noticed there was no tutorial showing how to deploy Teams / Phone System from scratch so I've created one. A test environment can be easily created with an Office 365 trial and even phone numbers assigned to the system with a calling plan with no costs under the trial period. I highly recommend watching so you get up to speed how to use Teams as a phone system replacement.

I hope it is useful for you, it is my first attempt creating a tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5LbSJMiKvQ&t= 

I'll do some Yealink Teams phone review later on as well when I have a chance.

Friday, November 29, 2019 9:19 AM

All replies

• I love this video Mr techperson46.  For convenience of others - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5LbSJMiKvQ&t= 

I suggest you pin a real profile to this, as it is something worth being proud of, and worth building a rep around.

Pump out more like this, stay on [Microsoft] message and document them on TechNet Wiki and you'll get lots of kudos.

Just remember to stay on Microsoft products wherever possible, if mentioning 3rd party products, add the usual caveats and most common alternatives, so it doesn't get marked, moved or deleted as spam. We're very sensitive to any non-Microsoft angles these days. These platforms cannot be seen to endorse 3rd party products, for many obvious reasons.

However I'm guessing you just did this for the LOLs and you did a great presentation! I know how long this stuff takes to edit :S

Keep contributing stuff like this, then your main profit will be in fame, friends & followers! Definitely a TechNet Guru medalist, if you wrap some of the steps & details into an article, for TechNet Wiki.

All the best,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki. Sharing is caring <3
    Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies! Share the pain, teach others, save the day, from 101 to 1337, give a little back to those less awesome than you :D

Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:12 PM
  • Would love more vids on "nuts & bolts, step-by-step" walkthroughs for both Teams & Skype integration with .net WPF/Forms/Console apps.

Stuff people can take as a template and adapt to their business needs (virtual assistant, event aggregator, home speaker bridge, etc)

Regards,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki. Sharing is caring <3
    Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies! Share the pain, teach others, save the day, from 101 to 1337, give a little back to those less awesome than you :D

Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:28 PM
  • Hi Peter, thanks for the tips and mentoring, I really appreciate it.

Regarding 3rd parties, I'm planning to do a video on Yealink phones that are meant to be used with Teams, I guess that would be fine? I'm planning to focus my services going forward on Office 365 only so I'm happy with the rest you suggested.

My idea with the video was to help other people like me, that looked for something more video based instead of documents. The need made me read all documents, deploy it in the right way and then pass on my knowledge to others. Thanks for lots of people in the past sharing their views and technical skills and I've got here.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:53 AM
  • I'm going to make it into a Wiki article, I've been doing this internally already in Sharepoint. I'm glad to see there is a similar approach here.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:43 AM