Can not remember my Live ID and password used to start One Care RRS feed

• Question

• How do I contact Customer support without a LIVE ID? I can not remember my LIVE ID and have no way to get into my One Care account. Is there a phone number I can call and have someone validate my Live ID for me and E-mail it to me ?.

Monday, September 1, 2008 3:32 AM

Answers

• If you open One Care>Help>About you should see the Live ID associated with your subscription.

Monday, September 1, 2008 2:24 PM

All replies

• If you open One Care>Help>About you should see the Live ID associated with your subscription.

Monday, September 1, 2008 2:24 PM
  • Hey thanks for the advice. That would work perfectly but I do not know the ID I used when I opened my one care account. and without the ability to log on using that ID, I can not click help and get my Live ID. Once again without knowing my windows LIVE ID that was used to start my one care account how do I get it back.

I have tried everything I can. I can log into my billing account information using the alternate Email I gave when I created my Live ID and I can also request that I am sent a password reset to my alternate Email address but there is no way to get my Live ID E-mailed to my alternete account. When I open my billing account my LIVE ID is grayed out since I logged on using my alternate E-mail address and not my LIVE ID.

I know I am in a sticky situation, how do I contact customer care for one care? I am assuming I need to speak with a live person to verify my billing information and cc info used when I created the account so that they will E-mail me my LiveID.  

Does all this make sense ?  

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:55 PM
  • Send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line to jrap107@msn.com and I will help you contact support.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:05 PM
  • thanks JimR I will contact you from my personal account when I get home tonight.

much thanks..

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:24 PM
  • Note that Jim meant to open Help from within OneCare on the PC - then click About Windows Live OneCare and a window appears listing version information as well as the Subscription ID, which is the LiveID for your account.

An alternative is to sign into http://billing.microsoft.com with any email address that you may have used as a LiveID and if your OneCare subscription appears when arriving at the summary page, you've found the right LiveID.

-steve

Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:03 PM
  • It does not. Since I did a fresh install after I replaced my Motherboard, I had to do a fresh install of one care. With a fresh install of onecare there is nothing in "HELP" to help me :-) and when I log on to my billing account with my alternate ID my LIVE ID is grayed out.
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:02 PM
  • Unfortunately, you failed to mention that you did a reinstall of OneCare, so you are correct that there would not be any subscription ID listed.

I don't know what you mean by your alternate ID for your Billing account. If you go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with a LiveID, you either have a Billing account or not and if you have an account, then any subscriptions you are paying for or have paid for in the past with this account will be shown. If OneCare is not listed, then we know that this is not the right LiveID for your account - sign out and try another at the same web page.

In any event, I trust you have corresponded with Jim to get hooked up with support.

-steve

Friday, September 5, 2008 1:13 PM