ConsecutiveNoRecognitionsSpeechEventActivities? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the ConsecutiveNoRecognitionsSpeechEventActivity (and the two other Consecutive... speech events) and wonder if there's a way to have more than one of each in a single workflow and enable/disable them as needed. They seem to be global for the workflow.

I would like to have one QA use the first instance of a ConsecutiveNoRecognitionsSpeechEventActivity object (and thus goto another control A), but have a subsequent QA goto a different control (by using a second ConsecutiveNoRecognitionsSpeechEventActivity object). I have tried doing this by adding more than one ConsecutiveNoRecognitionsSpeechEventActivity and enabling/disabling them at runtime withing each QA's executing event, but I get a runtime error saying .Enable for these controls is not allowed at runtime. Any suggestions?

Friday, May 30, 2008 3:10 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can't make changes to workflow activities at runtime. However, you can put your QA's in SpeechSequenceActivity objects and put appropriate Consecutive... events in those sequences. So you are basically wrapping your QAs with speech sequence activities that have their own speech events(they override parents speech events). If you want to reuse those QAs, create custom SpeechSequenceActivity object, otherwise just drag one from the toolbox.
    Hope this helps.
    Friday, May 30, 2008 9:57 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can't make changes to workflow activities at runtime. However, you can put your QA's in SpeechSequenceActivity objects and put appropriate Consecutive... events in those sequences. So you are basically wrapping your QAs with speech sequence activities that have their own speech events(they override parents speech events). If you want to reuse those QAs, create custom SpeechSequenceActivity object, otherwise just drag one from the toolbox.
    Hope this helps.
    Friday, May 30, 2008 9:57 PM
  •  

You bet. Thank you.
    Friday, May 30, 2008 10:43 PM