Streets & Trips 2013 post installaion failed start RRS feed

• General discussion

• After sucessfully installing newly purchased Streets and Trips 2013 in Windows XP SP 3 from the DVD I recieved the error window when starting the program "mfc100.dll not found.........". I reinstalled the software to the same result.

Anybody have a solution to my problem?

Sunday, July 15, 2012 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi FRS,

A user experienced the same issue, and claimed the "fix" was to simply remove the installation DVD from the drive. Would you be so kind and test it for us, and then let us know if it really solves the issue for you, too.

Laptop GPS World

Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:01 PM
  • Marvin, Restarted computer without DVD installed. Same error message when starting the software. Since 2013 version is new I'm wondering if microsoft innavertantly left the codeing out for mfc100.dll. I'm going to sit on this for a while and see if anything shakes out of the trees.

Frank

Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:15 PM
  • Frank,

Thanks for testing it.

Two things come to mind:

- Search the installation DVD for the missing .dll file, and copy/paste it to the location where it is missing (if the error message is indicating the location;

- Or, uninstall your current installation, and then install the downloadable version from Microsoft.com/streets. The versions should be identical, and if it installs successfully, just enter your software activation code, and the trial becomes full version.

Let us know what you do, and if anything helps to rectify the issue.

Laptop GPS World

Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:28 PM
  • Marvin, down loaded 14 day trial version and successfully activated using the product key. I did get an error code 0x80070020 on the first activation attempt. This was a time consuming effort. Second attempt was sucessfull. Registering completed. Thanks for the suggestion. File mfc100.dll does not show up in a search of the disk. Probably compressed.

I am now convinced that the DVD does not have the proper codeing for file mfc100.dll and think Microsoft should promptly owe up to this if they know about it. Is it part of your function as monitor to notify Microsoft? If not how do I notify them.

Microsoft as a self proclaimed leader in the software field is not living up to the hype with simple errors like this. 

Frank

• Edited by FRSIII Monday, July 16, 2012 7:47 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 7:45 PM

• Frank, thanks for testing it and letting us know the result. You could let MSFT know via the contact listed in Help > Support.

Laptop GPS World

Monday, July 16, 2012 8:26 PM
  • I'm having the same problem as Frank..  We, as consumers, should nbot have to go through all of these kinds of problems to install a program tha twe purchased in good faith from Microsoft.  It just shouldn't happen.  If I had done this kind of work in the USAF, the great State of Montana wouldn't be on the map today because it would have been obliterated by an atomic explosion.  The techs & program writers that are hired today just don't give a hoot about anything but the money.

I wish there was some way to get my money back from this piece of #!@*$ that is called Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013.  I'm not a happy camper.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:10 PM