locked
unable to activate Office XP Standard 2002 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have had Office XP Standard installed in my computer for a couple of years now,  (still have the original disk complete with hologram and product key) and yesterday went to the Office Update site to make sure everything was up to date, but encountered a message saying "This computer has failed validation".  I only use genuine, legal, Microsoft Products as far as I know, so was surprised when the computer failed the validation test.

     

    I then went into Word and clicked on the "activate product" menu option but, I receive a message stating "This product has already been activated", but when I run office update the WGA validation link says "This computer has failed validation". My XP installation seems fine, and passes the validation test, but my Office installation does not.

     

    Please advise what avenue to pursue so I can download office updates.

    Thankyou.

    Ess B.

     

    WGA Diagnostics tool result is as follows:

     

    Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-PPM36-QK3BF-K3478
    Windows Product Key Hash: PVTIFSpSvOYgNb5p7AgCHxRL71k=
    Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2114535-55879
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: {44F1C6D6-9DB4-4197-8708-2F0EB8B7E223}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

    Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

    OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 101 Not Activated
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1_3E121E02-385-80004005_3E121E02-452-80004005_3E121E02-312-80004005

    Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

    File Scan Data-->
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\licdll.dll
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\oembios.bin
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\oembios.dat
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\oembios.sig
    File Mismatch: C:\WINDOWS\system32\syssetup.dll

    Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{44F1C6D6-9DB4-4197-8708-2F0EB8B7E223}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-K3478</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2114535-55879</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-746137067-1935655697-1957994488</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ECS                             </Manufacturer><Model>K7S5A                           </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.        </Manufacturer><Version>07.00T                          </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20010402000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>B88F338F0184A059</HWID><UserLCID>1009</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>101</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Standard</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>95CBED5D37AF38A</Val><Hash>Z8OQa6iXFxTwt2Z5tkgwTcB4JoI=</Hash><Pid>54187-700-2833336-17997</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

     

    Monday, August 6, 2007 7:52 PM

Answers

  • Hi again,

    No need to reply to my previous post.....

    I just found the reference to deleting the data.dat file and have now successfully re-activated and updated the software.

    Thanks,

    Ess B.

     

    Monday, August 6, 2007 8:09 PM