RCC breaking Caller ID on CM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having OCS Enterprise, CUPS 6.0, and CUCM 6.1 with RCC working nicely. I experienced calling from MOC messed up caller ID on Cisco phone. Here is the situation.

All MOC are in RCC controlling Cisco phones. User A uses MOC to call user B via RCC. When receving the call, user B's Cisco phone show only number XXXX, not the caller ID. But if user A uses Cisco phone to call user B, caller ID is shown correctly on user B's phone.

This is sound very odd. It shouldn't have any differences either calling from MOC or from IP phone since we are using RCC. Has anyone seen this problem?.

Thanks

Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:17 AM

All replies

• Are you normalizing the numbers and then stripping any characters or digits from the string on the phone system?  I would think that there is a difference in the dialed number strings between systems and reverse number lookup is affected by this.
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:43 PM
  • Jeff,

So you are saying that dialed number string messed up reverse lookup on CUCM?. My RNL on MOC is working properly without any issues. Yes, I am normalizing the numbers. All phones in AD are in 4 digits format without +, and URI is tel:XXXX;phone-context=dialstring. Here is my "Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt". On CUCM side, I have an application rule which strips + sign and left with 4 dialed digits. I don't think I need that rule anyway since all numbers coming to CUCM have no + sign on it.

#4 digits Internal calls
    (\d\d\d\d)
    $1;phone-context=dialstring
    #10 digits Long distance calls
    (\d{10})
    91$1;phone-context=dialstring
    #7 digits Local calls
    (\d{7})
    9$1;phone-context=dialstring
    # International calls
    ^011(\d*)$
    9011$1
    #11 digits toll free calls
    (\d{11})
    9$1;phone-context=dialstring

===========================

Thank you

Yuichu

Monday, November 17, 2008 7:33 PM
  • Hi,

Very strange indeed. What is the exact version of your CUPS (6.0.x) and CUCM ?

Did you check the Bug Toolkit on Cisco web site to see if you can find a relative bug ?

I experienced one time wrong caller/called id with CUPS 6.0.3 but it was on Communicator toaster, not on Cisco phone, solved by External Phone number specific format, or 6.0.4 release.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:35 PM
  • Our CUPS is 6.0.4.1000-3, and CUCM is 6.1.1.2000-3. No, I haven't checked Bug Toolkit yet.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:50 PM