Another backup solution ;-) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Friends

I dig for a solution for whs backup for the data off site for wile and I like to share the incredible results that I find out.
    The software that I find to the job is one of the best software's out there!!!!!!!:

AceBackup 2004256 BIT Encryption!Remote FTP backups!Powerful scheduler!Multiple Versioning!Integrated ZIP Comprimierung!Flexible Source Selection!Easy to use interface!

I was looking for encryption, ftp transfer and also incremental backup and etc...
    This is the dog enjoy and use is free! You can download in here
    Combined with unlimited host out there you have the perfect solution for the off site backup...
    If you can please donate ;-)
    ps no bugs so far...
    I hope everyone enjoy...

• Edited by BOPEUS Sunday, November 9, 2008 4:55 AM
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 4:51 AM

All replies

• BOPEUS said:

Hello Friends

I dig for a solution for whs backup for the data off site for wile and I like to share the incredible results that I find out.
    The software that I find to the job is one of the best software's out there!!!!!!!:

AceBackup 2004256 BIT Encryption!Remote FTP backups!Powerful scheduler!Multiple Versioning!Integrated ZIP Comprimierung!Flexible Source Selection!Easy to use interface!

I was looking for encryption, ftp transfer and also incremental backup and etc...
    This is the dog enjoy and use is free! You can download in here
    Combined with unlimited host out there you have the perfect solution for the off site backup...
    If you can please donate ;-)
    ps no bugs so far...
    I hope everyone enjoy...

Have you tried using this program to backup your data yet?  More importantly, have you tried using this program to restore your data?  If not, you shouldn't be recommending it.  WHS doesn't handle files the same way as other OSes and if you use a backup program that doesn't specifically understand how WHS works, you may not be backing up what you think you're backing up.
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 5:14 AM
  • Hello Kariya

Thanks for the reply I did backed up to a ftp off site and also restore both ways all files all right no conflict or error so far.
    The data was the share folders only!!!
    Not entire discs like C and J or "Disk Image". Like on the post I mentioned only the data on the shares! "Music, docs, photos etc".
    Try for your self...

Best Regards.

• Edited by BOPEUS Sunday, November 9, 2008 6:36 AM
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 6:24 AM
  • You should be cautious when installing and using "free" software. Typically, "free" software (other than open source) has hidden costs, perhaps advertising, perhaps tracking your Internet browsing, perhaps other, less savory alternatives. I don't say that this is the case here, but you don't stay in business for long (and ACEbit claims 10 years) by giving your product away for free. So read the EULA extremely carefully if you install this or any other "free" software.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 2:40 PM
  • Thanks for the advice Ken.

I did try it few paid programs for the backup, didn't work many many errors!!! and didn't the job that i need, I will let all know if i got any errors on any programs that I post in here, I  try and try before post in here for any issues!
    All this programs that I post in here are 5 stars rated by cnet, tucows excellent reviews!!!

Best regards.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 5:23 PM