FAQ : adding a "Sub-organization" ? RRS feed

• Question

• this is my question ... i want to add a sub-organization to an organisation, but i have no idea how to do that ...

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:20 AM

Answers

• Thomas, currently we don't support users to add sub-organizations themselves, while could you please let me know which sub-org you want to add, we can help on this from back-end.
    • Marked as answer by Cherry CHE Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:22 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:21 PM

All replies

• Thomas, currently we don't support users to add sub-organizations themselves, while could you please let me know which sub-org you want to add, we can help on this from back-end.
    • Marked as answer by Cherry CHE Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:22 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:21 PM
  • Thanks for your Answer, Cherry,

currently my Lab ("UMR8022 Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille")  must be a sub-organisation of my University ("Lille1 University"), but also a sub-organisation of another University ("Charles de Gaulle University Lille III") and the CNRS ("Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique") : in practice, many french university Labs have a "DAG-like" organisation (sounds complicated ... for sure :-D ), so it would be great if this feature would be added in the future ...

By definition, any sub-organisation "UMRxxxx" ("Unité Mixte de Recherche") has at least two organisations ...

Thomas

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:46 AM
  • Thomas, thanks for the info, really helpful. Currently only tree-like org relationship is supported, and the cost is a little high to enable DAG-like organisation. Specific to this case, we'd like to keep UMR8022 Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille as an independent organization in the current stage and will consider this feature later.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other suggestions/comments.

Cherry

Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:19 AM
  • Thanks for the answer,

even if the Dag-like structure is not implemented, it is still a good idea to put the UMR8022 Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille  as a sub organisation at the moment... since more than 90% of its members are also members of the Lille1 University (+ building included, heating paid, and so on :-D).

I have seen that 2 other large labs with the same "problem" use the same "solution" for the Lille1 University, so ...

Thanks in advance !!

Thomas

Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:45 PM