VS Deploying Web Application - few quick questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can help me,
    I have been reviewing blogs and MS Libraries about Web Application Deployment in Visual Studio
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd465337(VS.100).aspx)

I have no problem configuring IIS/creating the website/using visual studio to create an MSI web deployment and everything works fine

But if I have to make updates to web application
    - Is it possible to create an updated MSI to deploy the updates? instead of manually copying the files via FTP?

Thanks
    Paullyie

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:11 AM
    Monday, January 6, 2014 10:39 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Because your issue is about deploying web application, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET Configuration and Deployment forum for better solution and support.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by paullyie Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:10 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Because your issue is about deploying web application, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET Configuration and Deployment forum for better solution and support.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by paullyie Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:10 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:11 AM
  • Will Do

Thanks Amanda

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:10 AM