Export emal template from CRM4 to CRM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I need to export email templates from CRM 4 directly into CRM 2016. Can't go over the complete upgrade process so my best guess would be to export using services, connect to CRM 4 and then import into CRM 2016. The problem seems to be the import into CRM 2016 which throws a faultexception. But before I would start looking into to this I tried to recreate a template that I created in CRM 2016. Using the services but this also doesn't seem so easy to do..the process creates a copy of the email template but subject and body are missing. Does this need to be casted to something esle? What could be the problem here?

This is the code I used:

ColumnSet cols = new ColumnSet(new string[] { Template.AttributeLogicalNames.Title, Template.AttributeLogicalNames.Subject,
                    Template.AttributeLogicalNames.TemplateTypeCode, Template.AttributeLogicalNames.IsPersonal,
                    Template.AttributeLogicalNames.LanguageCode, Template.AttributeLogicalNames.Body });

QueryExpression query = new QueryExpression(Template.EntityLogicalName);
                    query.ColumnSet = cols;

query.Criteria = new FilterExpression();
                    query.Criteria.AddCondition("title", ConditionOperator.Equal, "TestTemplate Candidate");

EntityCollection results = _service.RetrieveMultiple(query);

foreach (var item in results.Entities)
                    {
                        Template template = new Template() { Title = ((Template)item).Title + "-2", Subject = ((Template)item).Subject,
                            TemplateTypeCode = ((Template)item).TemplateTypeCode, IsPersonal = ((Template)item).IsPersonal,
                            LanguageCode = ((Template)item).LanguageCode,Body = ((Template)item).Body
                        };
                        Guid templateid = _service.Create(template);
                        Console.WriteLine("Template created with Guid: {0}", templateid);
                    }

Monday, July 4, 2016 11:09 PM

Answers

• It seems I was missing some fields: subjectpresentationxml, presentationxml, generatetypecode
    Monday, July 4, 2016 11:49 PM