PROBLEM WITH LABEL KEY OS RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

1 year ago I had purchased a DELL laptop with genuine OS  of Windows 7 home basic, during my purchase I had asked for the OS CD, But they told I get only the label behind the laptop. Really I enjoyed my work with genuine OS without any destruction and with high speed processing, everything is fine till now. At present my hard disk got problem and been formatted, I tried to install the OS now but i could not able to get the key from the label behind due to wear and tear, is there any alternate way to get my OS key. I had even registered my OS in the beginning. please do the needful. 

Monday, May 7, 2012 4:22 PM

Answers

• "SANTHOSH BODDETTI" wrote in message news:c1f6096d-6012-4811-9b24-50450f2099cd...

Dear Sir,

1 year ago I had purchased a DELL laptop with genuine OS  of Windows 7 home basic, during my purchase I had asked for the OS CD, But they told I get only the label behind the laptop. Really I enjoyed my work with genuine OS without any destruction and with high speed processing, everything is fine till now. At present my hard disk got problem and been formatted, I tried to install the OS now but i could not able to get the key from the label behind due to wear and tear, is there any alternate way to get my OS key. I had even registered my OS in the beginning. please do the needful.

You need to reinstall using the manufacturer's Recovery media - which doesn't require the input of a Key. See your manufacturer's website for details.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, May 7, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Please see: How to order Dell Recovery Discs

Carey Frisch

Monday, May 7, 2012 7:06 PM

All replies

• "SANTHOSH BODDETTI" wrote in message news:c1f6096d-6012-4811-9b24-50450f2099cd...

Dear Sir,

1 year ago I had purchased a DELL laptop with genuine OS  of Windows 7 home basic, during my purchase I had asked for the OS CD, But they told I get only the label behind the laptop. Really I enjoyed my work with genuine OS without any destruction and with high speed processing, everything is fine till now. At present my hard disk got problem and been formatted, I tried to install the OS now but i could not able to get the key from the label behind due to wear and tear, is there any alternate way to get my OS key. I had even registered my OS in the beginning. please do the needful.

You need to reinstall using the manufacturer's Recovery media - which doesn't require the input of a Key. See your manufacturer's website for details.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, May 7, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Please see: How to order Dell Recovery Discs

Carey Frisch

Monday, May 7, 2012 7:06 PM
  •  I had even registered my OS in the beginning.

When you register you are registering yourself as a user.  Registration does not record your license.  The only record of the product key is on the label.  Use a magnifying glass and a good light.  If you cannot retrieve it order recovery media from the manufacturer.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:01 AM
    Answerer