none
Guide me to advancing certification and career from current profile RRS feed

• Question

• Now I need to understand what are the options available to advance in my area

As I understood current and future trend would be cloud platforms, can I get a clear idea on what certificates are best to advance in my career without much other impacts like adopting new certificate and learning other technology

I am a Email and Collaboration Subject Matter Expert

I worked on Exchange 2007, 2013, Office 365, Skype for Business, Mobile Device Management, Windows Azure and Active Directory

I am having Microsoft MCSA 2003

So with all these, now I am in confusion that which career path I have to select. How do I advance in the career with a trending technologies

My options are

1. Cloud Platform like Windows Azure, PowerShell Expertise and cloud Architect
    2. Cloud Security like path – Which I don’t know how to go from my current stage, please advise
    3. Any other suitable certificates in Cloud which uses my current expertise

Regards,

Manjunatha Gowda

Regards, Manju Gowda

Friday, September 8, 2017 7:55 AM

Answers

• It's a matter of what you would like to work with primarily for what you should focus on.  Since you have experience with quite a few different areas it should make it easier because you have an idea of what each is like.  Office 365 and Azure are very popular and will likely only increase in popularity, you say you worked with them but not if you had a certification so only making recommendations based on that.  Best options for what you have experience with is either the Office 365 or the Cloud Platform certifications.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcsa-cloud-platform-certification.aspx

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcsa-office365-certification.aspx

Friday, September 8, 2017 5:53 PM
  • There aren't any certification directly for PowerShell or Scripting that I'm aware of.  Best way to become more familiar with them is to to just use them over a GUI when you have time.  It'll be slow to start if you don't know the commands that well but if you keep at it you'll start memorizing them in no time.  

Adopting new technologies to add more scripting and PowerShell usage, I'd probably say Windows Server 2012/2016 can both rely heavily on using them.  But they can work in desktop/exchange environments as well.

As far as CCSP goes, I'm not sure the best way to advise on this as the majority of it will require you to work in a security position for about 5 years to gain the knowledge you'll need.  If you're looking to advance knowledge for this I would recommend looking at advanced security measures for your cloud environments become familiar with them and also look at other ways that could be implemented in securing similar environments.  

Monday, September 11, 2017 1:54 PM

All replies

• It's a matter of what you would like to work with primarily for what you should focus on.  Since you have experience with quite a few different areas it should make it easier because you have an idea of what each is like.  Office 365 and Azure are very popular and will likely only increase in popularity, you say you worked with them but not if you had a certification so only making recommendations based on that.  Best options for what you have experience with is either the Office 365 or the Cloud Platform certifications.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcsa-cloud-platform-certification.aspx

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcsa-office365-certification.aspx

Friday, September 8, 2017 5:53 PM
  • Thanks Zap for your valuable guidance

So now my certification path is clear

same time I would like to know is there any other technologies which I can adopt to enhance my these certifications like PowerShell, Scripting or like CCSP Security aspects anything like this

Regards, Manju Gowda

Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:07 AM
  • There aren't any certification directly for PowerShell or Scripting that I'm aware of.  Best way to become more familiar with them is to to just use them over a GUI when you have time.  It'll be slow to start if you don't know the commands that well but if you keep at it you'll start memorizing them in no time.  

Adopting new technologies to add more scripting and PowerShell usage, I'd probably say Windows Server 2012/2016 can both rely heavily on using them.  But they can work in desktop/exchange environments as well.

As far as CCSP goes, I'm not sure the best way to advise on this as the majority of it will require you to work in a security position for about 5 years to gain the knowledge you'll need.  If you're looking to advance knowledge for this I would recommend looking at advanced security measures for your cloud environments become familiar with them and also look at other ways that could be implemented in securing similar environments.  

Monday, September 11, 2017 1:54 PM