My Money 2003 disk has a corrupt file - Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been using MM 2003 for years and have loaded it onto several computers over this time. Yesterday my PC failed and had to be reformatted, I tried to load from the CD, but it has a corrupt MONEY.CAB file.

I tried the latest sunset version but this wouldn't work with my backup file.

I then tried a downloaded 2003 version but this wouldn't work either it said "different version" or something like that.

My version is a New Zealand version (maybe Asia pacific region?) and has the date format dd/mm/yy.

Does anyone out there have a MONEY.CAB file that they can send me? or offer any other suggestions.

It appears that the mnyob99.dll file is the one that is corrupted

Cheers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:06 AM

All replies

• I have managed to get a 2005 international version to open my file.

So I can access my data.

Now what to do for the future? look at other programs?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:21 AM
  • Keep 2 copies of the 2005 International install file on different media, in case you want to install some day, but one of your media fails.

Actually , you may have been able to copy the whole Money 2003 disk to a folder on a hard drive. I would expect your first attemt to give an error. There are CD repair kits, and some work with one might have gotten you going if the problem was a scratch on the non-printed side. If the problem was a scratch through the printed side, then a repair attempt would have failed.

So aren't you glad the Micosoft Money 2005 Intenational was there for you?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:45 AM