OCS 70-638 - Office Communication Server, Configuration - Where can i found Docs about??? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I`ve applyed for Beta Exam 70-638, but i don`t know where can i found documents about it... anyone know where can i found anything about the itens below?

1.      Installing and Managing Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007

1.1.    Determine the differences between the Standard Edition and the Enterprise Edition.

May include: pools; standard edition server, director pool, director standard edition server

1.2.    Prepare the environment for OCS 2007.

May include: infrastructure prerequisites; validation of Microsoft SQL Server prerequisites for Enterprise Edition – permissions, connectivity, instance name; Active Directory preparation; location of global settings – root domain partition vs. configuration partition

1.3.    Request and configure certificates.

May include: public vs. private certificates

1.4.    Configure address book service.

May include: internal vs. external address books

1.5.    Manage coexistence between Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 and OCS 2007.

May include: enable rich presence post-migration – enable backout capabilities?; using the LCSCMD command line to export OCS users

1.6.    Configure security features.   

May include: configure Intelligent IM Filter; validate that the firewall  configurations throughout the organization don’t block any OCS functionality; make sure that all necessary ports are open for client to server and server to server communications internally and externally; enable Secure Real Time Protocol (SRTP); configure authentication; when to use NTLM or Kerberos only

2.      Deploying and Configuring OCS 2007 Clients

2.1.    Deploy and configure Office Communicator 2007 clients.

May include: GPOs; manual configuration; auto client configuration; client deployment methodologies; deploy and configure Office Communicator Mobile 2007

2.2.    Deploy and configure Communicator Web Access 2007.

May include: internal and/or external (configuration of virtual directories, SSL ports, certificates, and reverse proxy for configuring CWA); how do you access OCS from non–Microsoft Windows clients?; certificate configuration for SSL vs. MTLS

2.3.    Deploy and configure the Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 client.

2.4.    Manage Office Communicator client migration.

May include: coexistence between OC 2005 with OCS 2007, OC 2007 with LCS 2005, and  OC 2007 with OCS 2007 (note: rich presence becomes a one-way trip)

3.      Configuring Conferencing

3.1.    Configure the A/V Conferencing Server.

May include: assigning multiple conferencing policies

3.2.    Configure the Web Conferencing Server.

May include: differences between Live Meeting and OCS Web conferencing; troubleshoot the Web Component Server for conference scheduling

3.3.    Configure the Conferencing Server policy settings.

May include: configure the Conferencing Server policy settings for anonymous users

3.4.    Configure external conferencing access.

May include: port requirements for data conferencing and for audio video conferencing; reverse proxy – if you don’t have it, you won’t get your meeting content

4.      Configuring Enterprise Voice Functionality

4.1.    Configure outbound routing.

May include: create location profiles; create phone usage records; create voice policy; create routes

4.2.    Configure location profiles.

4.3.    Configure phone number normalization.

May include: method for testing phone normalization – ABserver.exe – testphonenorm

4.4.    Configure the Mediation Server.

4.5.    Configure PC-based audio peripherals.

May include: what happens if you don’t configure the audio tuning wizard?

5.      Configuring External Connectivity

5.1.    Configure the Edge Server.

May include: consolidated vs. expanded configuration; configure Web conferencing; reverse proxy requirements

5.2.    Configure Public IM Connectivity (PIC).

May include: enable PIC contract; how to validate PIC requirements; check for valid, non-expired, public cert/configuration

5.3.    Configure federation.

May include: configure enhanced federation; configure direct federation

5.4.    Configure remote user access.

May include: enable user for remote access; configure external address book URL; enable Edge server for remote access 

6.      Monitoring and Maintaining OCS 2007

6.1.    Monitor server resource utilization.

May include: when to add resources – users are experiencing slow performance  Note: look for thresholds to monitor by using best practices; ensure that SQL Server is working correctly; make sure that your SQL Server database and transaction logs are on separate hard drives

6.2.    Isolate issues related to OCS 2007.

May include: set up flat file logs across multiple servers as needed; how and when do you set up client logs?   Where are they located?

6.3.    Back up and restore OCS 2007.

6.4.    Configure event logging.

May include: monitor SPIM

6.5.    Install and configure IM archiving.

May include: configure retention; prerequisites for archiving; troubleshoot the OCS service; troubleshoot per pool vs. global vs. per user archiving

6.6.    Install and configure Meeting Compliance.

May include: user-based archiving vs. server-side archiving

Thanks for all...

Best Regards,

Emerson

Monday, September 10, 2007 6:23 PM

All replies

•  

Hi

I would think that you could only study off the OCS 2007 documents. But if anyone has more info, please post.

regards

Adrian

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:03 AM
  • There are three things you can do to prepare:

1. Play with the Product - download the RTM Eval, load it (in a virtual machine) and play.

2. Attend the  Ignite sessions  - depending on where you live, you may find Microsoft offering the 2-day hands on OCS Ignite class. I am delivering this in  London at the end of this week, for example, and a few more times in the coming months. In due course, there will be three MOC classses - I'm  teaching the betas of these during the first week in October.

3. The public documentation. There i s a ton of white papers out on the MS site (around 1000 pages).

HTH
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:17 AM
  • Or even try the E-Learning sessions.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/training/find/findcourse.mspx

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:11 PM