none
DEBUG DLL FILE RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DLL called LGSFBM made in VB6 and which is called from a classic ASP page.

I need to debug the said DLL when it is called from ASP Page, How could i do this. 

Thanks.

salman

Monday, March 30, 2015 8:39 AM

All replies

• There are almost no forums anymore with classic ASP. 

Surely not this forum. If you search use then the right search arguments which are 

Classic ASP Active X

In this forum which is for not antique VB your question has always been Off Topic

Please moderators move this thread to OT otherwise the by me given arguments will lead to this forum

Success
    Cor

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:10 AM
  • I depends if the application was built with the debug options.  The debug option build map of symbols that is put into the dll file.  Even with the debug options you would need VB6 installed on the computer to debug with source code.

jdweng

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:26 AM
  • I know that already Joel and therefore I don't know why you are replying to me.

Success
    Cor

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Cor: Posting should be in order of time, otherwise, they are confusing.

jdweng

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Hello,

As expressed, this forum is for VB.NET. Best to start with the following forum which is dedicated to only VB6.

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

I am moving your question to an off-topic forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Monday, March 30, 2015 10:17 AM
  • Dear Cor,

DLL made in VB6, i just want to know how to debug its function when it is called, either from any webpage or from any .exe file.

I don't know why you are saying that my question is off topic,,,, Although i have posted it on Visual Basic Forum,,,,  

salman

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:30 PM