Subscription expired, yet money taken from creditcard. How to renew now? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Due to circumstances I was not able to renew my subscription, so OneCare expired. I've read that an expired account cannot be re-activated. However, since my payment had not gone through first time round, I tried again -hoping it would solve the issue-. It now has been deducted from my credit card, but my subscription is still expired. I would like to get some assistance from Support, but all I find is FAQ's and this forum. I can't do chat, as I live in Australia.

Someone an idea on how to get my paid subscription up and running again?

Cheers,

Jake

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• When did you submit the renewal? Did you do this on the Billing site or from within OneCare?

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

You can try the following:

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:01 PM
  • OK, subscription expired on April 15th.

I thought I had successfully arranged my payment, but a bit later (through billing) I found out that

my account had expired, because the payment had bounced.

On July 27th I contacted the Billing site and tried to re-execute the bounced transaction, not

expecting much, until I found out yesterday that the money has been taken from my creditcard.

So, Billing sees my payment as succesfull, but OneCare sees my subscription as expired. I have

tried to find an answer with Support, but pretty much everything fails, especially since the system

doesn't recognise me as a OneCare user.

How to solve this??

Cheers,

Jake

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:18 PM
  •  

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3742607&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:57 PM