Numerous ATTACKS between my sites since installation of Live Mesh 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am receiving a huge numbers of attacks in my firewall since I installed LIVE MESH 2011 (THE FINAL RELEASE, NOT THE BETA)

My firewall logs look like this :

(Site A) Attack (Site B) using : Back Orifice attack, Ripper attack, Sub seven attack, Netbus attack, Striker attack ...

If it was only like this, I would investigate my (Site A), but the problem is I am receiving these attack from all my 4 sites TO all my 4 sites ...

(Site A) is attacking Sites B, C, D, (Site B) is attacking Sites A, C, D, (Site C) is attacking Sites A, B, D, (Site D) is attacking Sites A, B, C

Plus, MOE.EXE is a processor and memory killer !!

Computer wish LIVE MESH running are unusable until you LOW PRIORITIZE the MOE.EXE process EVERYDAY !

Do you have any suggestions for me ?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:00 PM

Answers

•  

You failed to mention what firewall you are using. My guess is that your firewall is alerting on activity that is normal for Mesh, but that's simply speculation.

As for the processor/memory killer, that's not normal.

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum.

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:36 PM