SOAP Request to Get Distinct Member of a Campaign RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to fill a custom field in Campaign form and I have a problem to formulate the SOAP request to get information that I need.

We know that a Campaign can have more than one Marketing List and the relationship between Marketing List and customer (Account/Contact) is many-to-many. Therefore, a customer can be listed twice in a Campaign. 

Can we get a set of customer for a Campaign so there is no customer mentioned more than once? 

Another thing, I haven't fully grasped the concept of many-to-many relationship yet, like how can I find out which Member List is in certain Campaign? What attribute can I use to link both of the entities?

Friday, November 13, 2009 8:40 AM

Answers

• Please read this article explaining Many to Many relationship in CRM. This article also explains how to create, update, and retrieve many to many relation ships

With regards to create to SOAP request I suggest following tool create Soap Code from your C# Code.

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JSWebService

So I suggest doing following steps..

Step 1: write relevant code in C# to retrieve the data (or entity details) that you need

Step 2:  use tool to generate Soap code for this code..

Step 3: put this generated java script soap code in your relevant form...

Hope this helps

Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:15 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Please read this article explaining Many to Many relationship in CRM. This article also explains how to create, update, and retrieve many to many relation ships

With regards to create to SOAP request I suggest following tool create Soap Code from your C# Code.

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JSWebService

So I suggest doing following steps..

Step 1: write relevant code in C# to retrieve the data (or entity details) that you need

Step 2:  use tool to generate Soap code for this code..

Step 3: put this generated java script soap code in your relevant form...

Hope this helps

Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks a lot, MayankP!

The article is great. I have one question about the retrieving example.

The article says that the intersect entity between Account and Lead is "new_account_lead_custom". How do we get that name? That's not the relationship name provided in the CRM (because it's "accountleads") and not the table name in the CRM database. 

Where does that name come from?

Thank you.

Monday, November 16, 2009 2:10 AM
  • if you go to particular entity Form..

for e.g.  Account (Setting -> Customization -> Customize entities -> Open Account Form) then go to N:N Relationships and open the relevant relationship..it will display the name in the "Relationship  Defination" Area..

This name will be used to create/retrive the relevant relationship....

hope this clear now...let me know if you still have any questions....
    Monday, November 16, 2009 9:16 AM
    Answerer
  • Hm..

The name displayed in the Account form is "accountleads_association", not "new_account_lead_custom" like in the article.

Anyway, I have got the big picture on how to create the SOAP request. 
    Thank you again, MayankP.

I run into another problem actually but I think I better create new thread for that.
    Thank you.

Monday, November 16, 2009 11:03 AM