User not administrator? RRS feed

• Question

• Another strange issue. Just got finished with a reinstall (Actually, its a new server install, same computer and all). Everything was working fine until this morning when I tried to login from the WHS site. I entered my user name and password (which I just used yesterday with no problem) and not I am being told that I can not login using the Administrator login remotely. Problem is, Im not logging in as Administrator, Im logging in using my user name. Its not a big issue, I can use another login, but Im just curious why all of the sudden it thinks Im trying to be Administrator. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:10 PM

Answers

• If you add a user id on the server to the Administrators group, that user id will be blocked from logging in to the Remote Access web site. Did you add your user id to the Administrators group?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:34 PM

All replies

• If you add a user id on the server to the Administrators group, that user id will be blocked from logging in to the Remote Access web site. Did you add your user id to the Administrators group?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:34 PM
  • How did I know Ken would reply! That did the trick. I dont know how that got there, but I took it off and can use my login now. Now I just have to figure out why my WHS connector software is stuck in a loop...
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:16 PM