locked
Sync from CRM to Outlook after Deleting Outlook Contact RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    After an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 our CRM\Outlook Add-in coexistence has stabilized and is mostly a happy one. However, we have an issue with CRM contacts not resyncing after being deleted from Outlook. After the many cycles of massaging the CRM for Outlook Add-in by uninstalling, reinstalling, rename folders, rename address books, etc. these Outlook contacts have lost their link to the parent accounts in CRM.

     

    How to clean up the Outlook contact lists? Resync?...didn't remove the "unlinked" contacts. Delete from Outlook?....gets them out of Outlook, but they don't resync from CRM.

     

    Any thoughts on how to clean up the Outlook contacts?

     

     

     

     

     

    Monday, October 27, 2008 8:47 PM

Answers

  • So, you have deleted contacts in Outlook that are also in CRM and now want to resync them from CRM to Outlook. Is this correct. I did this a while back when I had a lot of junk in my Outlook contacts and only wanted to have CRM contacts. I deleted ALL my Outlook contacts and then did a bulk edit of my CRM contacts (I added a comment to Description "Sync with Outlook"). This caused CRM to create new contacts in Outlook. That was in 3.0. See if it works in 4.0 and let the group know.

     

    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:01 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • So, you have deleted contacts in Outlook that are also in CRM and now want to resync them from CRM to Outlook. Is this correct. I did this a while back when I had a lot of junk in my Outlook contacts and only wanted to have CRM contacts. I deleted ALL my Outlook contacts and then did a bulk edit of my CRM contacts (I added a comment to Description "Sync with Outlook"). This caused CRM to create new contacts in Outlook. That was in 3.0. See if it works in 4.0 and let the group know.

     

    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:01 AM
    Moderator
  • That worked, thanks.

    Not to be idle while I waited for someone to solve my problem, I tested a few other things and came up with this as well.
    • I went into Outlook CRM>Modify Local Data Groups and deactivated my data group(s)
    • Ran a sync
    • Closed Outlook
    • Reopened Outlook
    • Reactivated my data groups
    • Ran a sync...voila
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:24 AM
  • Great! Glad that worked for you. Sounds like a good approach.

     

    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:23 PM
    Moderator