uninstalling Windows Live OneCare creates networking issues RRS feed

• Question

• After I try to uninstall Windows Live OneCare Trial Version, I am finding some network connection issues. I have to restore to the restorepoint before its uninstall to make it work again. I have tried three times after updating the latest updates from Windows but still finding the same issue. Now the Trial version is expired, I desperately want to uninstall that but it creates unnecessary network issues.

Kindly help me in this regard as early as possible.

Regards,
    Riyas Ahamed

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try running the One Care install cleanup tool - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/399071e2-49dc-4767-932d-d261e3965943 
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Marked as answer by Riyas Ahamed Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:57 PM
  • ame kinda problem that Riyas seems to have experienced...

The Problem: After Uninstalling OneCare from my desktop running XP Professional (using the Uninstall button in OneCare), the desktop will not boot into a a given user profile - if a user profile is selected, the computer will attempt to load preferences then automatically go into a system restart.  Also lost internet connectivity...and can only use Safe Mode. 

The Situation: OneCare expired - renewals are no longer available - Product has been discontinued.  As Recommended, I uninstalled OneCare to install Microsoft's Security Essentials

How do I fix this glitch?

Monday, July 26, 2010 2:36 AM