Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I activated Windows Live OneCare by cc today but when I opened it from the hard drive it says I am still in the trial period of 100 days. How do I get it activated?
    Thanks,
    L
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 3:19 AM

Answers

• Open One care, select "Subscribe" and when asked to enter a Live ID use the Live ID and password used to purchase One Care. Your subscription status will be recognized and One Care will activate.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 5:04 AM

All replies

• Open One care, select "Subscribe" and when asked to enter a Live ID use the Live ID and password used to purchase One Care. Your subscription status will be recognized and One Care will activate.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 5:04 AM
  • I did this and it says, "It looks like your Live ID you entered is not yet associated with a OneCare subscription. To subscribe now enter your product key, click Next."

So, I went on to do a new subscription with the same User ID and password and it says this account has already been set up, so as I did not want to be charged twice, I exited the set up.

I signed up last night, Friday Aug 1st. Does it not activate until a normal business day?

Thanks
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 3:26 PM
  • It may take a day or so for your subscription status to update on the One Care servers.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 3:34 PM
  • i need help with my activation plz help

Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:18 PM
  • William, this Microsoft Knowledge Base article may help with activation - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943781/en-us

If you have additional questions or need additional help please post back exactly the issue you are having with activation.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:50 PM
  • It's been a day. I will wait till Monday, a business day, but if it is not active then can you give me a [hone number I can call to inquire. As I said before when I try to subscribe again I get a message saying I have already subscribed but there is no confirmation of that anywhere and my trial period is still active.

Thanks,
    Ldurston
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 3:36 AM
  • If activation does not complete by Monday please post back and I will help you contact support.

Sunday, August 3, 2008 3:43 AM
  • Jim,

It is still not active- Tuesday.

I receive the following message;
    "No billing accounts. This Windows Live ID does not currently have a billing relationship with Microsoft. MSN offers a variety of services that you may subscribe to. For more information, go to http://join.msn.com/."

However, my credit card has been charged the $49.95?!

Can you give me a number to call to resolve this please?

Thank you,
    LDurston
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 5:18 PM
  • I'm concerned about your initial post where you mentioned that your trial period remaining was 100 days. Is your PC date correct? The maximum trial period is 90 days.

-steve

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 5:32 PM
  • What is the status of your account if you sign in with the same LiveID used to activate online with - at http://billing.microsoft.com

-steve

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 5:35 PM
  • Stephen (what happened to Jim?),

The same message comes up when I follow the link above:

No billing accounts

This Windows Live ID does not currently have a billing relationship with Microsoft. MSN offers a variety of services that you may subscribe to. For more information, go to http://join.msn.com/

As far as the 100 days- this was done on my daughter's new computer last week and it reset to 90, 89, 88, etc.

What now?- I am ready to call the cc company and dispute the payment if this can't be resolved today.

Thanks,

ldurston

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 7:27 PM
  • Ldurston, send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line and I will help you contact support.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:13 PM
  • Jim is another one of our forum moderators and I see he has responded to you, too.

Please let us know the outcome. The problem, at this point, would appear to be one of two things:

1. You purchased via the web site with the credit card using LiveID "a" and have tried to activate OneCare with LiveID "b"

Note that a LiveID can be any email address registered as a LiveID at http://account.live.com or a new @hotmail or @live email address that may or may not also be a Windows Live Hotmail account. The fact that the purchase went through and that you don't have a Billing account shown for the LiveID you are signing in with leads me to suspect this as the msot likely cause of the problem.

2. There was a problem with the transaction at the server, where the purchase was authorized and submitted, yet the account was not created, hence activation cannot take place.

-steve

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:44 PM
  • Stephen,

I'm a system admin for company that's running OneCare.  They picked OneCare because they plan on upgrading to SBS 2008 which comes with the OneCare for Server functionality.  Yes they have far more than 3 PC's, however they've purchased multiple licenses, which works.  I spent a couple hours on the phone today with MS due to this exact issue.  I had to change a X64 system over to a X86 system.  They didn't want a dual boot so I reformated the PC.  I removed the PC from the OneCare Circle and then I installed the X86 Vista operating system.  Joined the PC to the Domain and then re-installed OneCare.  Once OneCare was installed I went to activate it.  It gave me the same message as posted above, "It appears as if you need a subscription!"  I laughed because they have like 10 subscriptions and it says they need one!  There's obviously something going on because I've seen multiple posts for this issue over the last week.  MS has no clue!  They launched a remote session with me and tried the (what I consider to be) craziest things.  Like clearing IE cache!  What does that have to do with OneCare....Oh well.  They re-installed OneCare, which I did a number of times as well.  In the end they simply stated that they didn't know and said it would be escalated.  Yes, I used the same and correct email.  It was a clean install.  In addition the PC did show up on the OneCare circle at the Hub, however it states that it's not activated.  In the Help-About screen the Subscription ID shows up as the correct LiveID account as well.

Someone needs to get on the ball!

Michael
    Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:41 AM