How do i create an email notification to be sent to a Queue item owner if a queue item has not been actioned? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

How do i set up an email notification to be sent to a Queue Item owner when a Queue item has not been removed from the queue for over 3 days?

Thanks

Dave

David Kelly

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have you looked into creating a workflow that handles this work?, have it run on every item on create and check if it should send an email or stop, workflows can wait for a set amount of time, f.e. 3 days after execution time or 3 days after record is created on etc.

Halldór Jóhannsson

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 9:42 AM
  • Thanks very much for the reply Halldór. I think you may have hit on something here which i hadn't thought off. It it was to fire on Queue item create, how would i get it to send an email only if it was still in the queue after 3 days? Would i have to add some condition that recognises whether or not it is still in the queue?

Thanks
    Dave

David Kelly

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 12:37 PM
  • Hello David,

The following blog post shows you how to create a workflow that waits two days after a case is modified. You could create a workflow that waits three days after a queue item is created, if it is, send an e-mail.

http://www.powerobjects.com/2012/10/12/time-condition-based-workflows-in-crm-2011/

Kind Regards

• Marked as answer by David J Kelly Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:07 PM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Thanks Jochen,

Just what i was looking for!

Dave

David Kelly

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:07 PM