unable to do anything that One Care says I must do!! RRS feed

• Question

• Very frustrated with this software! Keeps telling me to update for changes ...but when I try.. it freezes! Tells me that my firewall is off  ..then I check it and ..it is on!! Getting quite skeptical of this whole mess and certainly do not reccomend to buy (if you are trying the trail...do not buy!!). UGH.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:41 PM

Answers

• I have replied to your other post.

I'm not sure what updates you are having problems with - Windows Updates that may be missing or OneCare updates. As for the Firewall, where are you seeing the message about it being off? Clearly, you are opening OneCare to see that it is on. I suspect that the problem is with the Windows Security Center WMI database and I provided a link to a solution for that in the other reply, if my suspicion is correct.

You may want to contact support, considering your multiple problems.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:03 PM

All replies

• I have replied to your other post.

I'm not sure what updates you are having problems with - Windows Updates that may be missing or OneCare updates. As for the Firewall, where are you seeing the message about it being off? Clearly, you are opening OneCare to see that it is on. I suspect that the problem is with the Windows Security Center WMI database and I provided a link to a solution for that in the other reply, if my suspicion is correct.

You may want to contact support, considering your multiple problems.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:03 PM
  • Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:59 AM
  • If you can't type in the forum message box, you either encountered a glitch with the forum software or you have a problem with your browser.

-steve

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:51 PM