none
Why can't I fix error code 8004FF80

Question

• I need to get rid of MSE because it is causing problems in that it always fails to update but all tries seem to encounter this error. It is something to do with turning off a service which Microsoft in their inimitable way have decided I should not be able to do.

Please stop telling me what I want to do with my machine, I am a big boy and can do that myself - so now tell me how to turn this Microsoft Antimalware service off - it is a pain and I don't need it.

• Edited by JC6828 Monday, February 16, 2015 1:15 PM
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:55 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Monday, February 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• JC

IF you install a different Malware app it will turn off.

Have you tried disabling it in safe mode?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, February 16, 2015 2:17 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:54 PM