High Memory Usage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My mobile application sync some tables on every startup and I'm facing some performance problems.
    When i start my application it uses 1.50M, when i click the sync button it shows 6.40M memory usage!!!

Is this normal? Thats too much...
    How can i resolve this?
    I tried disposing every object, but that does not resolve.

Thanks
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:41 PM

Answers

• How much data do you have that needs to be synched?
    We know that with the device bits, there is more memory consumption. However what issue really impacts you - is it the consumption or a performance issue related to it?

We have a QFE that addresses some of the performance issue. That post is posted below:

We are happy to announce that a hotfix for Sync Services for ADO.NET for Devices is now available which resolves some of the performance issues in the RTM version of the release.  With this hotfix, the initial sync and subsequent sync for downloading INSERTs performance has been significantly improved as some performance related issues have been fixed at the client.

Please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service team to request the
    HotFix  if needed.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Did you try to exit your app and see if the consumption goes down?
    Friday, February 5, 2010 7:19 AM

All replies

• How much data do you have that needs to be synched?
    We know that with the device bits, there is more memory consumption. However what issue really impacts you - is it the consumption or a performance issue related to it?

We have a QFE that addresses some of the performance issue. That post is posted below:

We are happy to announce that a hotfix for Sync Services for ADO.NET for Devices is now available which resolves some of the performance issues in the RTM version of the release.  With this hotfix, the initial sync and subsequent sync for downloading INSERTs performance has been significantly improved as some performance related issues have been fixed at the client.

Please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service team to request the
    HotFix  if needed.

Thursday, February 4, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Even when I have only EMPTY tables on the sever, the memory consumption goes to 5M~6M.
    I actually did not see any performance issue, even when syncing, its really fast, but don't like that high comsuption...

It's seens that something is not been cleaned when sync is finished.
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 12:25 PM
  • Did you try to exit your app and see if the consumption goes down?
    Friday, February 5, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Do you have a lot of tables to sync?

One suggestion we have is to let you application "smart" enough to add those tables (which has changes since the last sync) to the Sync Agent for the current sync.

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 7:24 PM
    Answerer