Urgent help needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone today I did a restart on my small business server 2003 and my desktop and start menu have been CHANGED. what I mean by that is on my desktop now I have icons that are important programs it looks like sitting there  egg, I have an identities folder on there now with nothing sitting in it and when I click on the folder the address bar has it sitting at \\PDC1\profiles$\administrator\identities\{what normal email on a desktop address would be}

I have these new folders on my desktop

identities

installshield

Microsoft

novasoft

These look like when you drag programs from the start menu to desktop.

I also have a folder called programs and in it is: adobe, help, macromedia, Microsoft, novosoft, startup

now my start menu  is a whole other ballgame

my command prompt shortcut doesn't work or explorer

at the top of the start menu you have a divider for other shortcuts like ms update and other thinghs well,

Mine now has identities, installshield, novasoft, backup, scheduled tasks, Microsoft, and then misc desktop items.

Please help me. This server is in another country and is in constant use, I have now way of getting there to redo it. so...

Sunday, December 7, 2008 11:29 PM

All replies

• edit i also found my quick launch buttons have gone missing, also my folder redirection gpo is MIA it says gpo missing. how do i fix this?

Monday, December 8, 2008 3:05 AM