how much do i hate onecare backup ? RRS feed

• Question

•  

i have installed onecare on my windows xp service pack  2 oh about 5 or 6 months  ago  anyhow  i playcards once and a while  and check mail look up  odds and ends here  and thereonecare buts in now and again telling me i have to back up ... so i do..i have a cdrw burner so i put my disk in and tell it to  back it up there  to cdrw and it does ok back to  cards  and odds and ends weeks go bye and onecare buts in again and wants to back up again so i  say ok do it and it askes for cd backup 1 disk so i put it in cdrw burner and click ok and it works  yea!! this happens 2 or 3 times and then  after 3 times i get   message that info on dis 1 is corrupted or i have changed hard drive then in order to do my backup i must first delete my previous backup  and do a new back up this happens evy 3 or 4 backups  WHY??? it took me 2 hrs  to find this new thread window if im even ther  i wont be renewing this i dont understand why its corrupted i didnt change harddrives duh...and its a pain to do the hole thing over again
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:43 AM

Answers

•  

you dont actually need to do a back up if u have all the orignal cd roms that come with the computer the only thinks that are worth saving is the things you yourself have put things on like photo videos etc

you can turn your back up Off if are really sick of it. just go into windows live ane care where it says back up and restore go to configure back up then when that comes up on the bottom of the pop up screen it will say change settings and u can turn it off or you can even change when you do your back up i turned mine off as it was going to use 7 Dvds and i think thats a lot of discs and im not going to use 7 dvds every time i do a back up its silly. i only back up what i really need like my photos and videos.

hope this helps you Smile

Sunday, October 26, 2008 11:04 AM

All replies

•  

you dont actually need to do a back up if u have all the orignal cd roms that come with the computer the only thinks that are worth saving is the things you yourself have put things on like photo videos etc

you can turn your back up Off if are really sick of it. just go into windows live ane care where it says back up and restore go to configure back up then when that comes up on the bottom of the pop up screen it will say change settings and u can turn it off or you can even change when you do your back up i turned mine off as it was going to use 7 Dvds and i think thats a lot of discs and im not going to use 7 dvds every time i do a back up its silly. i only back up what i really need like my photos and videos.

hope this helps you Smile

Sunday, October 26, 2008 11:04 AM
  • yes i know i dont need to backup but i took  the time to learn how to set up backup and my question was very specific and it takes  about 30 mins or more the first time to backup my files   then its 3 or 4 min ontill i get the message telling me that its corrupted and or cant be found why does this keep happening????

Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:05 PM
  • If backup is consistently failing with an error about a corrupt disc, please contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, October 31, 2008 4:44 PM