Crm 2011 Register additional plugins problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I add another plugin in the same entity in Visual Studio, then save and build the plugin, when I run the plugin registration tool, update the assembly, but I can find my new plugin under the assembly plugin list. Why and where can I find my new plugin? This is first time happens to me? What's wrong?

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure that your second plugin code class have public accessor  and it is inheriting from IPlugin interface and implementing the Execute method i.e.

public class MyPlugin : IPlugin

{

public void Execute(IServiceProvider PrmServiceProvider)

{

}

}

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Marked as answer by howexg9 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:32 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:19 PM
  • The problem is solved. The way I've done is I copy the existing plugin and change the name, replace with new code. I don't know why it doesn't work for adding a new item. Maybe I did wrong when I add a new item. I select C# class rather than assembly class.
    • Edited by howexg9 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:32 PM

All replies

• if you add a new plugin under the same plugin assembly, then when you "update" the assembly in the plugin registration tool, you must check the new plugin checkbox, otherwise, by default it will only update the existing plugins.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:45 PM
  • The problem is I can't find my new plugin in assembly plugin list, so I can't check the new plugin checkbox. But I do build the plugin in Visual Studio. It should appear in the plug list, but it is not there. Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Hi,

Make sure that your second plugin code class have public accessor  and it is inheriting from IPlugin interface and implementing the Execute method i.e.

public class MyPlugin : IPlugin

{

public void Execute(IServiceProvider PrmServiceProvider)

{

}

}

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:19 PM
  • The problem is solved. The way I've done is I copy the existing plugin and change the name, replace with new code. I don't know why it doesn't work for adding a new item. Maybe I did wrong when I add a new item. I select C# class rather than assembly class.
    • Edited by howexg9 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:32 PM