none
Q8300 is 64 bit or 32 bit? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

My CPU model is Core 2 Quad 8300 Series. Is it a 64 bit CPU or a 32 bit one?

How can I know it that what instructions it supports?

thank you, Tooraj.

• Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Monday, August 2, 2010 2:59 AM off-topic (From:Visual C# General)
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Tooraj Azizi,

Welcome to MSDN Forum!

If you want through codes to check if this CPU is 32bit or 64bit, then I’d like give you the codes following to help you.

You only need to create a C++ project then take these codes in its method the vs2010 created.

printf("%d",sizeof(long));

In C++, the length of long type is 8 in 64bit CPU, and 4 in 32bit CPU. You can accord to this to be sure if the CPU is 64bit or 32bit.

The information from official would be more than the code can give you, and the method from JohnWein is a common method to get the cpu information. It is also a good method.

If there’s anything unclear or I have misunderstood you please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to the others community members reading the thread.

Friday, July 30, 2010 6:57 AM
  • hi,

or simply run system information [my computer -> right click - properties] or [keyboard: windows + pause/break]. if it is a 64 bit system it should be mentioned there

BR, Karol mark as answer if it helped you
    Friday, July 30, 2010 7:08 AM