Account entity and Cases Regarding missing cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Say I have a Case (Case Z) which as a Regarding Organisation field set to Organisation X

I open Organisation X and click on the Cases Regarding link in the left-hand navigation.

The default view is Case Associated View

I see some Cases but not all cases e.g. Case Z is not there.

I understand (please confirm) that Cases Regarding is an out of the box (OOTB) link as is the Case Associated View.

Why do I not see all cases associated with Organisation X (I am logged in with Administrator rights).

What is the underlying logic that governs this view?

Maz

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:15 PM

Answers

• Open Account form in the design mode Double click Case grid Check Data Source is correct. Under Data Source Click Edit Button Click Edit Filter Criteria. Check and correct it. Save. Publish and test

Regards Faisal

• Marked as answer by MazP Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:32 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:38 PM

All replies

• You might be seeing active cases only. Do an advanced Find. Change the criteria of query for showing cases.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:49 PM
  • Thanks Faisal. But no, the cases are active (when you open such cases you have the options to Resolve or Cancel them).

So that is not it.

Maz

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:08 PM
  • Open Account form in the design mode Double click Case grid Check Data Source is correct. Under Data Source Click Edit Button Click Edit Filter Criteria. Check and correct it. Save. Publish and test

Regards Faisal

• Marked as answer by MazP Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:32 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:38 PM
  • In security role if users have business unit level access they will only be able to see cases of their own business unit.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:40 PM
  • Thanks Faisal I think I understand what is happening now.

On the Case (Incident) form there are two fields pertaining to "organisations" (Accounts).

One is displayed as Contact Organisation and it is the schema name of this field that is being used in the Cases Regarding relationship that appear when one opens an Account.

The other field is displayed on the Case form as Regarding Organisation (out of the box customerid schema name) and I want to create a new relationship on the Account entity to do the following.

1) Create the relationship but also create a new view that is only displayed for this new relationship - how do I do that?

2) Hide the relationship from view for all but a subset of users; how do I do that

Many thanks for your help.

Maz

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:37 AM
  • 1. When you create a Parent Child relationship the grid of child entity is available when you try to add a grid in Parent entity

2. You will have to do this using Javascript. Check the security role of the user and then show hide grid

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:09 AM
  • Sorry I don't understand. What is this "Case Associated View" and how do I make it show what I want it to show?

If I create a new relationship does it automatically show this "Case Associated View" or what?

Maz

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:14 PM
  • You can change the criteria of query.

Each relationship have their own seperate grid.

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:17 PM
  • Sorry I don't know what you mean by grid.

I have gone....

1. Customize the solution

2. Organisation Entity

3. 1:N relationships highlighted

4. Create New 1 to Many Relationships and filled in.

but I see nothing about Views or grids.

Maz

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:24 PM
  • You won't see the grid while creating relationship. After creating relationship open form in design mode and Insert a grid. You will see the relationship here.

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:19 PM
  • I open the form in design mode from Customise the solution

I double click on Cases Regarding from left hand navigation

I see nothing about "case associated view"

is there any documentation I can refer to?

Maz

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:48 PM
  • Open Account form from customization

Click Insert (LHS Top)

Click the section where you want to put the grid.

Click Sub-Grid Populate Name In data source section select Related records In the entity field you will see all the relationship of account entity.

You might see few relationships with Case entity select the one you have created

Click Ok

Click Save

Click Publish

Do a test

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:09 PM
  • Thanks Faisal. I see what you are getting at now. But going back to my original issue because I don't want to insert a sub-grid on the form.

Opening an Account form gives a Cases Regarding (CR) option in the left hand navigation.

Examining this CR object reveals that three mappings are present: Am I correct in that when a user therefore clicks on that Cases Regarding he should see any and all cases corresponding to those three mappings?

That's the key question for me.

Maz

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:40 PM
  • No Each relationship or mapping will have a seperate grid therefore add these three grids on the form and see the difference.

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:43 PM
  • Thanks very much.

So in the left mapping I will end up with e.g. two Cases Regarding navigation items?

Clicking on one will point the user to those Cases corresponding to lookupField1 on the Case form? Correct?

Clicking on the other will point the user to those Cases corresponding to lookupField2 on the Case form? Correct?

Is there no way of having one navigation item that points to any and all cases associated with the account?

Maz

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:13 PM