Website Unavailable on Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• When turning on websites for remote access, my home server shows that my site is not available on my home server and stops there.  Is there anything I can do other than reinstall the OS like the help file says?
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:01 AM

All replies

• Randall G. Black said:

When turning on websites for remote access, my home server shows that my site is not available on my home server and stops there.  Is there anything I can do other than reinstall the OS like the help file says?

Can you please provide more info?  What does the exact error message say?  How far does it let you go before you get the error message?  Please be as specific as possible.
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:34 AM
  • I don't know how much more specific it can get.  When I turn on the websites for remote access, on the router settings, it give me a big red x on my website being available on the home server.
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:07 AM
  • Some information about your ISP and how your network is setup would be the biggest help.  Also is it an HP or a custom?
    athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 9 drives totaling about 3.5 tbs.
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:50 AM
  • As a first "debugging" step:

On any computer connected to your home network, could you please visit Shields Up! and run a custom port scan for the ports 80, 443, and 4125, then let us know the results?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:42 PM
  • To continue this thread, I am now having the same problem as the poster with website not available during router config.  I am running a HP Home Server which for the past 2 years was paired to a Linksys WRT54 router and worked perfect.  That router died so replaced with a Netgear WNR2000.  UPNP showed that it worked and ports were open but WHS dies at websites not available.  Manually opened 80, 443, and 4125.  Shields Up shows 80 and 443 open but 4125 closed.  Any ideas?
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 11:45 PM