Block Users RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way that I can prevent users from searching other users in AD with OCS 2007? I want user 1 to not know that user 2 exists. I've tried these instructions to no avail.

Enable OU Search Isolation

Enabling the Live Communications Server 2005 OU search isolation can help secure individual hosted customer OUs. The procedure calls for modifying a permissions setting so that a user from one customer OU cannot search for a contact with the Windows Messenger or Office Communicator clients and find a user in a different customer OU. Service providers can implement this functionality at their discretion.
    1. Logon to AD01 with an account that is a member of the Domain Administrators group.

2. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and click Active Directory Users and Computers.

3. On the View menu, ensure Advanced Features is checked in order to enable the editing of security properties..

4.Right-click on the domain root (Fabrikam.com) and click Properties.

5. Click the Security tab and then click Advanced.

6. On the Permissions tab, under Permission entries, click the Name to sort entries by name.

7. Select the Authenticated Users name that has Read RTCUserSearchPropertySet for the Permission value and click Remove.

8. Click Apply.

9. Click OK and then click OK again.
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 4:31 PM

Answers

• Trung,

What you are refering to is called an Ethical Wall. It currently is not part of OCS 2007. This is a common request and is something we are looking at adding in a future release.

Friday, May 18, 2007 12:04 AM