Sync mess with one of the computers gone RRS feed

• Question

• I have a beautiful mess of files in a large p2p synced folder.   I'll try to explain it in a somewhat logical fashion...

I set up an mp3 archive on MediaPC.  I created a mesh folder and set it to not sync with the live desktop.

Then I added that folder to TabletPC and WorkPC.  It synced and seemed to work well.  Then something happened.  Then WorkPC disappeared (basically I got laid off and that profile won't be used again). 

Now the shared folder on TabletPC and MediaPC (the original master) shows only a few files remaining (about 2.5 GB of an original 70 GB), and several thousand deletions (I know these files weren't deleted manually on any of these computers).  There's about 16 GB of files sitting in GacBase\Assembler.  Any chance these files could be recovered?  Any way to do it?
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 12:55 AM

Answers

• J Mills said:

I did that.  This morning it was marked as resolved with no action taken.  What gives?

Hi,

What is the Connect Feedback ID?  I'll look into the bug and let you know the reason it was marked as resolved.

Thanks,

Ben.

P.S., just in case you're wondering: Until we know what's causing the issue, I proposed my post above requesting logs as the "answer" so that others seeing this problem would know how to proceed (i.e., would know that, right now, the only thing to do is submit a bug report).
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:46 PM

All replies

• Oh yeah, that's 16 GB on TabletPC and 25 GB on MediaPC.  If nothing else, I'd like to recover this space.  But I'd rather try to recover the files if there's a way to do it.
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 1:00 AM
  • Hi,

We'd like to try to help you get your files back in working order in your mesh.  To start, could you collect the Live Mesh logs (Start Menu > All Programs > Live Mesh > Collect Live Mesh Logs) on both computers and send them to lmprev@microsoft.com (alternately, you can open a bug in Connect, and attach the logs there)?

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Monday, October 6, 2008 10:19 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jordan Mills Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Wednesday, October 8, 2008 3:11 PM
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 3:01 PM
  • I did that.  This morning it was marked as resolved with no action taken.  What gives?
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:01 PM
  • J Mills said:

I did that.  This morning it was marked as resolved with no action taken.  What gives?

Hi,

What is the Connect Feedback ID?  I'll look into the bug and let you know the reason it was marked as resolved.

Thanks,

Ben.

P.S., just in case you're wondering: Until we know what's causing the issue, I proposed my post above requesting logs as the "answer" so that others seeing this problem would know how to proceed (i.e., would know that, right now, the only thing to do is submit a bug report).
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:46 PM