Upgrade From CRM 3 to CRM 4 Fails (Input string was not in a correct format) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all. In the process of upgrading from CRM 3 to CRM 4 raises the following error.

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. Input string was not in a correct format.

System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportRelationshipAttributeProperties.GetLookupValues(String lookupTypes, Guid attributeId) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportRelationshipAttributeProperties.AddMissingLookupValues(XmlDocument fieldXmlDocument) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportRelationshipAttributeProperties.PerformUpgrade() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportHandler.Import() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.RootImportHandler.RunImport() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportXml.RunImport() at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.NewOrgUtility.OrganizationImportDefaultData(Guid organizationId, Version existingDatabaseVersion, String importFile) at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction.Do(IDictionary parameters) at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)

Can anyone help me?
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:43 PM

Answers

• Try doing it without downloading the latest setup update.  I have had some cases where it fails after updating but works when I don't update.

Have you checked the install logs?

Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:53 AM

All replies

• Did you download all the updates before beginning the install and did you encounter any warnings or errors during the environment check?   Do you have any customization on the 3.0 server that needs to be removed prior to the upgrade.

Friday, January 16, 2009 1:41 PM
  • Rollup 3.0 has been installed
    Before install CRM 4.0 I download latest setup update.

What customization should be removed?
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:34 PM
  • Do you have any custom code running against the CRM 3 server.  This would be code that was developed for some purpose and running on the CRM 3 server.  Have you made any unsupported changes to the CRM 3.0 server, have any custom procs, etc.  Basically, the upgrade could fail if you have any customization running on the CRM 3 server or have made unsupported changes to the server or database.

Friday, January 16, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Try doing it without downloading the latest setup update.  I have had some cases where it fails after updating but works when I don't update.

Have you checked the install logs?

Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:53 AM
  • Installing without updating setup, also does not help.

Problem in the customization, but the system does not give me to remove this attribute.

System said: "System attributes cannot be deleted."

<attribute PhysicalName="requiredattendees"> <Type>partylist</Type> <ValidForCreateApi>1</ValidForCreateApi> <ValidForUpdateApi>1</ValidForUpdateApi> <ValidForReadApi>1</ValidForReadApi> <IsLogical>1</IsLogical> <DisplayMask>ValidForForm|ValidForGrid</DisplayMask> <Description>List of required attendees for the appointment.</Description> </attribute> <field name="requiredattendees" requiredlevel="na" lookupclass="ActivityRecipient" lookupstyle="multi" lookuptypes="1,2,4,8,9,10,4000"> <displaynames> <displayname description="Required Attendees" languagecode="1033" /> </displaynames> </field>

How can I remove the system attribute?
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:37 AM