Assign Leads Based On City/County RRS feed

• Question

• We have a workflow that assigns newly entered leads based on states. However, we have a couple of territories where a state is divided (for instance California). In this case the workflow can't handle the automatic assignment of leads. Instead we have to do it by city or county. Since the county is usually empty it probably makes most sense to use the city as a criteria. Of course the issue is that there are so many cities within these big states that are divided. So how can we best handle this? It seems a good way might be to have a plugin, an xml file for each state that divides that state into different territories and then read in that information from the plugin. Any input and/or code samples are appreciated.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:32 PM

Answers

• You can try asign lead by state (picklist) and  city (ntext field) if this is empty or isnt find in CRM you asign to a queue where a administrator can asign it manually.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:31 AM

All replies

• If the leads are entered into the system via the forms (as opposed to imported), another option would be to use another attribute, or the territory entity to specify the region the workflow uses. This way you could have it so that the user enters the territory information again by entering the first few characters into the field and tabbing or you could set up a jscript to do the hard work.

However this will not work for leads brought in via import.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
    or hear me tweet @leontribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:07 PM
  • Leon, thanks. Unfortunately, more then 95% of all our leads are being imported... Any other suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:32 AM
  • You can try asign lead by state (picklist) and  city (ntext field) if this is empty or isnt find in CRM you asign to a queue where a administrator can asign it manually.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:31 AM