WLOC Missed Match Builds & OC Circle RRS feed

• Question

• I Have Vista & XP Computers

My Vista Computer is running 2.0.2350.10

My XP computer is running 2.0.2318.12

So Far I'm not having an Issue. But if the Builds get updated enough wouldn't there be an issue if one computer running newer build than the Other?

It's a concern I have because right now I got Mixed builds of wloc 2.0 beta running.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 11:27 PM

Answers

• It will not be an issue unless one of the PC goes red because it can't update and is out of date, of course, but it does not matter that one has updated and the other has not for Circles functionality - they are both 2.0.x

-steve

Friday, September 14, 2007 12:31 AM
  • Great question Mikro.  In builds 2.0.2350.10 and higher, OneCare has the functionality to recognize if the other computers in the Circle are running a different build, and do the correct thing based on whether the builds are compatible.  In general, computers in the same subscription should upgrade within a few hours of each other in most instances, thus reducing this time-window.

Thanks,

Guhan

Friday, September 14, 2007 12:34 AM

All replies

• It will not be an issue unless one of the PC goes red because it can't update and is out of date, of course, but it does not matter that one has updated and the other has not for Circles functionality - they are both 2.0.x

-steve

Friday, September 14, 2007 12:31 AM
  • Great question Mikro.  In builds 2.0.2350.10 and higher, OneCare has the functionality to recognize if the other computers in the Circle are running a different build, and do the correct thing based on whether the builds are compatible.  In general, computers in the same subscription should upgrade within a few hours of each other in most instances, thus reducing this time-window.

Thanks,

Guhan

Friday, September 14, 2007 12:34 AM