CRM 2013 Sync Error RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have recently been asked to look over a Dynamics CRM 2013 install which is suffering some problems. At the moment its being trialled ahead of a full deployment and so we don’t have many active users. Two users have an ongoing issue with the sync of appointments, contacts and tasks. Within the portal, under Settings > Email Configuration > Email-Server-Profile > Alerts I am seeing the following:

---

An internal Microsoft Dynamics CRM error occurred while synchronizing appointments, contacts, and tasks for the mailbox _User_. The mailbox has been disabled for synchronizing appointments, contacts and tasks and the owner of the associated email server profile _Profile_ has been notified.

---

As the message is not overly informative I have enabled tracing to get some more detail, having played around a bit I think I have narrowed the relevant message down to the following:

---

[2014-04-15 14:07:04.811] Process:CrmAsyncService |Organization: <Removed> |Thread:    6 |Category: ExchangeSync |User: <Removed> |Level: Error |ReqId: d9ecdde1-557c-4ee4-ae4a-a6be42bda9f9 | ExchangeSyncWorker.SynchronizeACTs  ilOffset = 0x8

at ExchangeSyncWorker.SynchronizeACTs()  ilOffset = 0x8

at ACTProviderBase.Run()  ilOffset = 0x42

at ACTValidator.Check()  ilOffset = 0x3B

at MailboxOperationBase`1.Execute()  ilOffset = 0xAA

at MailboxOperationCommand.InternalExecute(MailboxAsyncEvent asyncEvent)  ilOffset = 0x5E

at AsyncEventExecutionManager`2.ExecuteHandler(IAsyncEventHandlerFactory handlerFactory)  ilOffset = 0x8A

at PoolHandler.ProcessAsyncEvent(IAsyncEventExecutionManager asyncEventExecutionManager)  ilOffset = 0x144

at AsyncEventOperation.<.ctor>b__2(IServiceOperation operation)  ilOffset = 0x0

at FaultToleranceBehavior.Execute(ServiceOperationAction operation, IServiceOperation operationParameter)  ilOffset = 0x18

at MonitoredOperation.Execute()  ilOffset = 0xD

at ThreadPoolQueueExecutionEngine.InvokeNextOperationInThreadPool(Object state)  ilOffset = 0xC

at ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)  ilOffset = 0x70

at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)  ilOffset = 0x4

at QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()  ilOffset = 0x0

at ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()  ilOffset = 0xA2

>Exchange sync worker for the mailbox is failed/terminated : {73FA3015-3951-E311-93EE-00155D02CF2F}. Exception details : Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: subscriptionclients with clientid 6dafafb4-da51-e311-93f0-00155d02cf2f doesn't existDetail:

<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts">

<ErrorCode>-2147204845</ErrorCode>

<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic" />

<Message>subscriptionclients with clientid 6dafafb4-da51-e311-93f0-00155d02cf2f doesn't exist</Message>

<Timestamp>2014-04-15T13:07:04.780317Z</Timestamp>

<InnerFault>

<ErrorCode>-2147204845</ErrorCode>

<ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic" />

<Message>subscriptionclients with clientid 6dafafb4-da51-e311-93f0-00155d02cf2f doesn't exist</Message>

<Timestamp>2014-04-15T13:07:04.780317Z</Timestamp>

<InnerFault i:nil="true" />

<TraceText i:nil="true" />

</InnerFault>

<TraceText i:nil="true" />

</OrganizationServiceFault>

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType)

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InprocessServiceProxy.ExecuteCore(OrganizationRequest request)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.CrmItemFinder.GetCrmSubscription(ExchangeSyncState lastSyncState)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncWorkerStepContext..ctor(ExchangeSyncWorker worker)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncWorker.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncWorker.SynchronizeACTs()

---

I have tried researching different elements of this error to little avail and so now hope someone here can provide some answers! I did not set this system up and am by no means an expert on the product therefore this may well be some small detail somewhere that’s been missed.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:08 AM

All replies

• My first thought is there is something wrong with that mailbox. It looks like the GUID for that mailbox is missing somehow? Is that mailbox on a separate Exchange server, or is it an older mailbox that may have been through an Exchange migration/upgrade? I'd start by looking at the history of that mailbox and see if there is something different about it.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:34 PM
  • Hi,

We have the same error in async log when we test the sync of appointments, contacts and tasks.

(How) Did you fix this?

Kind regards,

Alexander

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:58 AM
  • So something else I remembered about errors like this, sometimes they are caused by invalid characters in Outlook events.  In once case for a client of mine, a three year old recurring appointment had some kind of bad data .  The appointment had to be removed in its entirety from all mailboxes before things would actually work.

Don't know if that's something happening here, but it's worth checking if you have an Exchange guru around.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:15 PM
  • Hi

I am getting same error for one user. Please can you confirm how did you resolve?

Many Thanks

Friday, September 18, 2015 4:15 PM
  • Just a quick glance through the error message.

If they are using the Outlook client, have then try reconfiguring it to create a new subscription for syncing.

Jason Peterson

Friday, September 18, 2015 10:54 PM
  • Hi Jason,

She is not using Outlook client. I have enabled few other users and appointments are working fine but only for her account it is throwing. I have found following tables and noticed that there are records for users whose appointment are but there is not any record for her.

SELECT sc.ClientId, sc.MachineName, sc.SubscriptionId, sc.IsPrimaryClient, sc.SubscriptionClientId FROM SubscriptionClients sc  

SELECT  s.SubscriptionId,s.SubscriptionId, s.SystemUserId, s.MachineName, s.LastSyncStartedOn, s.SyncEntryTableName, s.SubscriptionType, s.CompletedSyncStartedOn  FROM [Subscription] s 

Can you please confirm where clientID is coming from in SubscriptionClients table?

Many Thanks

Monday, September 21, 2015 12:11 PM
  • Hi

I have resolved this issue after resetting ExchangeSyncStateXml column to NULL in MailboxBase table for corresponding user.

I have perform following steps:

1-Run Below update

SELECT ExchangeSyncStateXml,MailboxId,* FROM MailboxBase
    WHERE 
    EmailAddress='yourmail@company.co.uk'

UPDATE MailboxBase
    SET ExchangeSyncStateXml=NULL
    WHERE MailboxId='YourMailboxId' 

2- Open specific user mailbox and run "Test and Enabled Mailbox" option which created new clientid and associated data

Thanks

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:34 PM