Pictures RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Which site is good in providing with the free download of any kinds of the vivid pictures?

Many Thanks & Best Regards, HuaMin Chen
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:14 AM

Answers

• Chen,

To the best of my knowledge, OpenOffice does not have a note taking application in their line-up.  OpenOffice is mostly an open-source project, meaning applications are developed based on necessity.  Also, OpenOffice has been recently bastardized in the acquisition of Sun Microsystems by Oracle, and to my knowledge, development has been severely hindered.  All that said, neither OneNote or any OpenOffice applications are actually image editors.  They are productivity suites with some image "features".  If you are trying to get a tool to edit images, I would recommend Adobe Photoshop or the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program), which is open source and free.

It is also worth noting that neither Microsoft nor Adobe give away paid productivity applications for free based on age of product or release version.  When a new version comes out, the old version is simply discontinued and taken off the shelves.  When a trial is over, you must either stop using the product and find an alternative or purchase a license.  Traditionally, student discounts are offered to those who can provide a valid and current student ID and verification of enrollment or employment at an educational establishment.  Adobe has a special store for this and Microsoft does this through Journey Education (journeyed.com).  For more information on the products mentioned, you can refer to Bing, Wikipedia and many other sources.

Mike Burroughs, ACSP

• Marked as answer by Jackson_1990 Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:19 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Chen,

Thanks for your post.

Per your question, i'd suggest you visit the site Bing:

www.bing.com 

Hope this would be helpful.

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    STO Application Team
    Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 12:05 AM
  • Thanks. Is there a good jpg editor other than the Painter of Windows as I can't paste the whole picture into the painter?
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 2:42 AM
  • Hi chen,

I think you can save the jpg picture into your folder and use the painter to open the picture.

You may not able to just copy and paste the pictures. Maybe there are some software can achieve the function.

As far as i know, you should tryied my way. Also you can install microsoft one note, then you can screenshot the picture then paste it into the painter.

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    STO Application Team
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 3:25 AM
  • Dear Liam Huang,
    I expect to have the original quality of the picture. this is why I tried copy & paste. do u know other than Page Maker, if there is any other good jpeg editor? what is "microsoft one note"?

Monday, September 12, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Hi chen,

Per your question,

Microsoft one note is a office tool that can help you save the picture you want by screenshot.

But there are more function you can take from it.

Visit: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    STO Application Team
    • Marked as answer by Jackson_1990 Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:35 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jackson_1990 Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:48 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Dear  Liam Huang,
    that version will expire. do u know if there is one old expess version of that, which will not expire?

Monday, September 12, 2011 7:38 AM
  • Any advice?
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:41 AM
  • Hi chen,

Sorry for late reply.

Unfortunately, if the version will expire i'd suggest you purchase the product key of office. I think one note should be office subsidiary product.

Or if your version is not latest one, you can try download the latest version. maybe there will be some 30 days free version.

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    STO Application Team
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:39 AM
  • Thanks. Other than one note, no other suggestion for other tools, like any Adobe one?

Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:54 AM
  • Hi chen,

Personally, You can try adobe photoshop to edit the picture.

Because adboe is not MS products, we don't have more info for those product.

But you can also try search in www.bing.com  either by searching Adobe photoshop CS .

There might be some free version of this software.

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    STO Application Team
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:10 AM
  • Dear Liam,
    I want to know if there is one older version for Microsoft one note that will not expire like an express one.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:50 AM
  • Hi chen,

Actually, whatever old version or latest version. You all need product key to activate the product.

Maybe there will be some free version on the internet. You can try searching it.

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    STO Application Team
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:47 AM
  • Dear liam,
    what is the equivalent tool for One note from Open office suite?

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Chen,

To the best of my knowledge, OpenOffice does not have a note taking application in their line-up.  OpenOffice is mostly an open-source project, meaning applications are developed based on necessity.  Also, OpenOffice has been recently bastardized in the acquisition of Sun Microsystems by Oracle, and to my knowledge, development has been severely hindered.  All that said, neither OneNote or any OpenOffice applications are actually image editors.  They are productivity suites with some image "features".  If you are trying to get a tool to edit images, I would recommend Adobe Photoshop or the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program), which is open source and free.

It is also worth noting that neither Microsoft nor Adobe give away paid productivity applications for free based on age of product or release version.  When a new version comes out, the old version is simply discontinued and taken off the shelves.  When a trial is over, you must either stop using the product and find an alternative or purchase a license.  Traditionally, student discounts are offered to those who can provide a valid and current student ID and verification of enrollment or employment at an educational establishment.  Adobe has a special store for this and Microsoft does this through Journey Education (journeyed.com).  For more information on the products mentioned, you can refer to Bing, Wikipedia and many other sources.

Mike Burroughs, ACSP

• Marked as answer by Jackson_1990 Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:19 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:19 AM
  • Thanks!
    Paras Doshi

• Edited by Paras Doshi Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:26 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:26 PM