Can't future-publish to Moveable Type

• I'm using WLW Build 14.0.8064.206 en. When trying to publish a post with a future date (tomorrow), I get the error message "Posts on this blog service can't be saved for future publishing." Yet, when reviewing my blog account in WLW, the "view capabilities" link takes me to the list of capabilities that includes "custom publish date - yes" so it looks like WLW knows my account accepts future dates for posts (I also know it does from my past use of the Moveable Type interface which allowed me to create "scheduled" posts with future dates).

I read about a workaround (using Typepad I believe) of publishing a draft with WLW, but that didn't work with my account. As soon as I let the post publish, it appeared on my blog. I then had to go into Moveable Type and change the post from "published" to "scheduled" so it won't appear until the specified future date.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 8:05 PM

All replies

• There is a difference between custom publish date and future publishing.

Custom date will just set the date of the blog post to a certain date.  Moveable Type does support this, but it doesn't prevent the post from being published right away.  So even though you dated it in the future, if the blog service supports custom dates but not future date posting, the blog post will appear right away. 

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, March 16, 2009 10:53 PM