Direct calls to IP-PBX RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a custmer that hold IP-PBX's that support SIP TCP and SIP TLS. he wish to connect it also to an OCS environment. I am trying to connect this IP-PBX directly to OCS (without mediation server). I know that in general a mediation server should be deploy, but the customer insist on wokring with out a mediation server.

what are the configuration steps that require in order to do so.

THANKS !!

SamiS

Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:53 PM

Answers

•  

You will probably need a mediation server.

See the VOIP Guide - part of the OCS documentation.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

Genesys GETS 7.5 is also capable of providing remote call control of OCS and LCS to a variety of PBX vendors.

The main reason you need the mediation server is due to both the MS RT audio codec which is propriety and encryption/decryption of RTP stream and SIP signaling on the MS side.

Cheers

Chris

Friday, September 7, 2007 4:35 PM

All replies

•  

You will probably need a mediation server.

See the VOIP Guide - part of the OCS documentation.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

If you would like to integrate OCS with an IP-PBX using SIP, you need a mediation server. The only other thing that you can do is enable remote call control on the OCS users if you have the IP-PBX able to provide presence etc. The only IP-PBX that I know of that can do that right now are Cisco CallManager (using Cisco Unified Presence Server) or Avaya through some sort of presence server as well.

As of now, the only real option is mediation server.

Regards,

Matt

Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:25 PM
  • Hi,

Genesys GETS 7.5 is also capable of providing remote call control of OCS and LCS to a variety of PBX vendors.

The main reason you need the mediation server is due to both the MS RT audio codec which is propriety and encryption/decryption of RTP stream and SIP signaling on the MS side.

Cheers

Chris

Friday, September 7, 2007 4:35 PM